A retail fireworks permit holder may sell fireworks to the public only during the following periods:
- beginning June 24 and ending at midnight on July 4;
- beginning December 20 and ending at midnight on January 1 of the following year;
- beginning May 1 and ending at midnight on May 5 if the fireworks are sold at a location that is not more than 100 miles from the Texas-Mexico border and is in a county in which the commissioners court of the county has approved the sale of fireworks during the period.
- the commissioners court of a county by order may allow a retail fireworks permit holder to sell fireworks in that county only to the public and only during one or more of the following periods:
- beginning February 25 and ending at midnight on March 2;
- beginning April 16 and ending at midnight on April 21; and
- beginning the Wednesday before the last Monday in May and ending at midnight on the last Monday in May.